Friday, April 22, 2011

Chicken Enchilada's

I haven't been cooking much but we'd been eating out a LOT lately. And we just recently started cooking more at home again. So I'd had this recipe wrote down from my friend Holli who has a blog called Three Wishes that I've been wanting to try. So I finally tried it this week and it'll definitely go in the recipe box! It was very good! So here's the recipe....

Chicken Enchilada's

1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)

1/2 cup Sour Cream
1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
2 teaspoons Chili Powder (I'll use less next time)
2 cups chopped cooked Chicken (Can use canned or we used the kind in the meat section that was already cooked)
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (I'll use more of this next time)
6 flour tortillas (6-inch), warmed
1 small tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 green onion, sliced (I didn't use onion at all - opps)

Heat the oven to 350°F. Stir the soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili powder in a medium bowl. Stir 1 cup soup mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl. Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place seam-side up in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Pour the remaining soup mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with the tomato and onion (opps again - forgot both of these).




Before going in the oven (above) and getting ready to be gobbled up (below)! I did eat sour cream with mine and it was quiet tasty!



Come back for more recipes :)

3 comments:

In With the Light said...

omg those look so yummy!! and thanks for the advice on my last post. means a lot to me!!

Pinay Expat said...

Hmmm, mouth watering dishes.. love it! thanks for the visit!

Holli said...

So glad you liked them!