Thursday, April 30, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
I first learned about making my own laundry detergent from The Duggars (18 kids and counting - tv show) Anyhow, that really interested me so I thought I'd give it a shot...Let you know how it turns out...
Sunday, April 26, 2009
1. What are your current obsessions? Reading and crocheting...I'm also thinking about learning how to make my own laundry detergent...I'm sure I'll let you know how that works out...
2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often? Scrubs of course for work.
3. What's for dinner? Chip Beef and Gravy with toasted bread. Yum!
4. Last thing you bought? Ice cream and a few other things the other day.
5. What are you listening to? Days of Our Lives on TV...I DVRed it.
6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be? what kind of question is that...
7. Favorite holiday spots? Mom's, church, my house, and Jamie's dad's
8. Reading right now? The Hollow by Nora Roberts
9. 4 words to describe yourself. Christian, wife, daughter, blogger
10. Guilty pleasure? Chocolate
11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak? my sisters...haha
12. Planning to travel to next? Not sure...Hopefully somewhere with my husband
13. Best thing you ate or drank lately? Mt.Dew - need to buy some more...
14. When did you last get tipsy? Negative
15. Care to share some wisdom? Galatians 1:10. Obviously, I'm not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant. (Don't worry about what other people think, worry about what God thinks!)
16. Nicest thing anyone’s ever said to you? That they were proud of me.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
That makes 23 of the 50 books I want to read in 2009. Almost half way there and it's only April...Maybe if I reach 50 I'll extend my goal to 75. That would be amazing. There are so many good books out there and so little time...Now on to the 24th book.
1. If you could have just one more conversation with a person from your past, who would it be? My mawmaw...I would tell her how much I love her. But I would probably wait to have this conversation till after I had children so I could show her pictures of my kids.
2. Do your friends tend to be male or female? Female...I don't want my guy to run around with females so I don't run around with males.
3. What is in your car’s trunk? Junk...I'm not really sure but I know I have a pair of scuffs.
4. What was the last CD that you purchased? Point of Grace Christmas CD at Christmas time.
5. What is your favorite movie and why? Cinderella because she's always been my favorite princess. And I'm a kid at heart.
6. If you could wake up with a new talent tomorrow, what would it be? I'd know how to design with my PSP completely.
7. What is your favorite day of the week and why? Saturday's, because I'm off and it's a day for me.
8. What are you wearing when you feel you’re at your best? PJ's of course...haha...
9. When was the last time cried? Last Saturday.
Friday, April 24, 2009
2. Today was a very sunny day.
3. 2009 is okay so far.
4. We only got one good snow this past winter and that was it (Yes I want more!).
5. For too long I've been worried about what people thought about me...NO MORE.
6. I am not obsessed with how certain stuff goes and being OCD with stuff; I am not! (RIGHT! haha)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing and watching some tv, tomorrow my plans include laundry & festival of tables and Sunday, I want to go to church!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
1. My uncle once: took me fishing.
2. Never in my life: would I say that I would never do something. Because God has a sense of humor.
3. When I was seventeen: I loved to go cruising and be out and about.
4. High School was: a blast at that time but I wouldn't go back for nothing.
5. I will never forget: it's silly but that if you give someone .41 cents then you should get back .59 cent. I had a friend point that out to me when I was around 16 or 17 and worked at a grocery store.
6. I once met: a woman from OK who was in my wedding!
7. There’s this girl I know who: loves me! (it's my sisters people!)
8. Once, at a bar: my mom went to get wings. She didn't know it was a bar...Going to a bar is a big thing for a preacher's wife. haha
9. By noon, I’m usually: Ready for the children to lay down and go to sleep!
10. Last night: I was at the beach and I played canasta and dominoes with my mom, dad and grandma.
11. If only I had: Another week off to spend at the beach but this time I would have my husband come along.
12. Next time I go to gym/church: Will probably be Wednesday or next Sunday.
13. Susan Boyle: who's that?
14. What worries me most: is not pleasing people. Which is stupid because in the end people aren't what matters - it's God that matters.
15. When I turn my head left, I see: My sisters and the door-way.
16. When I turn my head right, I see: My pillow and a wall.
17. You know I’m lying when: I don't know...You can just tell...I'm not a good liar.
18. What I miss most about the eighties: being young and the music.
19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, I’d be: Who knows...not a big Shakespeare fan.
20. By this time next year: I hope to be finishing up with school.
21. A better name for me would be: Sweetheart is what my husband calls me...But I go by Kasi Lou to most.
22. I have a hard time understanding: Why people don't discipline their children. What's going to happen when they grow up and have to follow the law??? (I'm going to be a mean momma one day in the far future!)
23. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: go for graphic design or something dealing with computers and all.
24. You know I like you if: I pick on you. If I don't pick on you then I don't really care for you.
25. If I ever won an award, the first person I’d thank would be: God of course! It's because He loves me that I'm where I'm at.
26. When I compare 80’s rock to 90’s rock: I'm not a big rock fan but 80's music is best and then 90's and then everything else.
27. Take my advice, never: say never.
28. My ideal breakfast is: usually rice crispies and sugar and banana if it's available.
29. A song I love, but do not own is: anything by Barlow Girl...Love their music but own nothing of theirs.
30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest: going through the clover leaf. Where 77 and 40 met it does a clover leaf...Can make you very dizzy and/or very sick.
31. My favorite Beatle is: Dunno...before my time.
32. Why won’t people: Just use their brains.
33. If you spend the night at my house: my mother-in-law would say that you would freeze...but you'd be sleeping in the guest bed.
34. I’d stop my wedding for: someone passing out or being hurt some way.
35. The world could do without: spiders...a good spider is a dead spider!
36. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: nothing. Why would anyone want to do anything dealing with licking the belly of a cockroach...Refer back to #32.
37. My favorite blonde is: does this person have to really be blonde? If not then it's my sister, Jamie.
38: Paper clips are more useful than: Thumb tacks? what kind of question is that...
39. If I do anything well, it’s: organize stuff at work.
40. And by the way: I love to read!
Saturday, April 18, 2009
1. Have you ever been told that you look like some famous? Nope.
2. Name a celebrity that shares your birthday. I know it says name a celebrity, but when I looked it up I found two that I wanted to list: Clark Gable and Pauly Shore.
3. Tell us about your first kiss. I don't remember my first kiss kiss as much as I remember my first kiss with my husband. He'd been chasing me for about a year and a half wanting me to date him and I finally decided to give him a chance to date me...Who knew we'd be married years later...Anyhow, our first kiss I was sitting on the hood of his jeep and he was standing in front of me. When he kissed me he bit my bottom lip and I actually had a bruise on it the next day. You couldn't see the bruise as much as I could feel it.
4. When you meet someone attractive, what do you notice first? Eyes, how they stand, and smile.
5. What was your biggest mistake ever? Hum...Being boy crazy when I was younger. I should have gave it all to God and He'd have shown me the right guy anyhow, but I was always worried about being alone...
6. Give us one random, but candid fact about you. It's VERY hard to name just one thing. But I hate (and I don't say I hate many things) but I hate to talk on the phone. I'd rather text, get on the computer or drive an hour and see someone then talk to anybody on the phone. I use to not be this way.
7. What about your current or most recent lover excites you? That I'm married to him. We've been together for 6 years and that just amazes me. It excites me that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.
8. What really annoys you? Stupid people whether that be stupid people driving or stupid people in a store who can't control their children or stupid people that try to start crap. Oh and another thing that annoys me is when I'm OCD about something and someone else does it and it isn't right.
9. How many other Saturday 9’ers answers do you usually read? Usually two or three...Just to see if anyone is like me.
Friday, April 17, 2009
2. Put a little time for God in your day!
3. Happiness is trusting in the Lord.
4. Dazed and confused.
5. I'm waiting for Sunday to see my husband.
6. Chocolate is hard to resist.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to probably playing canasta or dominoes, tomorrow my plans include sleeping and walking on the beach and Sunday, I want to go home and see my husband for the first time in a week!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
2. What is your favorite food? My favorite food is this steak that Jamie makes. So I typed in steak. This was the prettiest picture on the first page :)
3. What high school did you go to? West Iredell…This is a picture of the volleyball team, and no I didn’t play.
4. What is your favorite color? Blue is my favorite color…And a beautiful picture of a beach seemed appropriate.
5. Who is your celebrity crush? Robert Pattinson…Yes from Twilight…There is just something about him that makes him so cute!
6. Favorite drink? That would be a very close tie between Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew. If you notice in the picture that I have both of them!
7. Dream vacation? Italy. My husband would love to go there and although I’m perfectly content if I just keep going to the same place over and over again (Topsail Island) he’s made me want to visit other places…And Italy would be the first one on my list.
8. Favorite dessert? Chocolate Molten Cake. You can get it at Chili’s. I’d have to say it’s by far my favorite dessert. Usually I go with whatever is chocolate on the menu but this is a must have if you go to Chili’s.
9. What you want to be when you grow up? A Stay-At-Home Mom is what I want to be when I’m grown up. Hopefully that will be possible once we have children.
10. What do you love most in life? I had two answers for this one but picked books over being at home. There is just something about books that make me feel safe. I could spend hours in a store like Barnes & Noble.
11. One Word to describe you. Sweetheart is what Jamie calls me. I’ve had a few other people in my life that have called me Sweetheart from the time they met me. All I can do is try to live up to that name.
12. Your Flickr name. I didn’t have one until now and my Flickr name is KasiLou…Not sure I’ll ever use this site but I picked a flower that I like for this picture since the survey never asked for a flower. My favorite flower would have to be the orchid so that’s what I chose a picture of.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
That's the view of our house from the ocean side. We're staying at a house that's been in our family for years and my great uncle now is owner of it but it's so cool to say I've been coming to this house for 26 years. LOVE IT!!! Oh yes, that's my grandma close to the house and my sister Jessi in front of me with the red shirt.
The wonderful beach. It's so pretty...Everytime we come I say let's move to the beach. It's so beautiful and it amazes me everytime I see the beauty of the ocean and the sand that God created all of it. But He still took the time to create me too. Amazing!!
Us walking down the boardwalk to see the ocean for the first time. This is something that I always do when we come. I go see the ocean before unpacking the car. Like do I think it's going to disappear??? Again, it's Jessi and Grandma in front of me.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
1. There are several religious holidays going on this weekend. Any plans? Going to Sonrise Service at church tomorrow morning and then to Sunday School and worship service. See you there!
2. Do you look forward to holiday events or do they stress you out? Depends on the holiday and who I'm with. This holiday (Easter) I'm not thinking I'll be stressed at all.
3. Do you have any traditional meals that you will eat? Not this weekend. When I was little we went to Mawmaw's and Grandma's. This year we're going to the beach. haha
4. We are changing seasons. What are you looking forward to? Looking forward to Spring but not Summer. Can't stand Summer.
5. Around here it is turning to spring. What signals spring to you? Flowers, Raining more, trees getting leaves...Beautiful weather.
6. What is your favorite season and why? Winter because I love colder weather. You can always put more clothes on or cuddle with someone during the winter. Plus a little snow doesn't hurt.
7. Do you have a favorite food when dining out? Depends on the place.
8. What is your favorite beverage when out? Soda or water or of course Sweet Tea
9. When is your next big night out? Who knows...
Friday, April 10, 2009
Last week, Anonymous left this comment: "*sighs* The last two of these have sucked royally...I love this thing, but now I'm having to go back in the archives and find ones that aren't totally ridiculous and moronic...". This week, I'm dedicating #1 to Anonymous :-)
And...here we go
1. Anonymous... is rude!.
2. Stupid people are a pain in the booty.
3. Let me embrace thee, sour adversity, and killem with kindness.
4. Flowers is what I look forward to most about Spring.
5. Who needs therapy when you've got God.
6. Chocolate MUST go into the Easter Basket!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to laying around the house listening to the thunder, tomorrow my plans include cleaning and packing for the beach and Sunday, I want to go to church to celebrate Christ resurection & go to the beach for the week!
It wasn't that I didn't want her to find out she was adopted. It WAS that I didn't want her to be adopted. As a sister to two twins who were adopted I can understand wanting to know that you were adopted and where you came from 100%. They are my sisters and always will be though. But going back to the book...Even though I'd read the book before and I knew she was adopted I kept hoping she wasn't really adopted. I know it doesn't make much sense. But God always has a plan and He may have some people be adopted so that they can have a better life.
I hope whoever left that post anonymously reads this post and understands a little better what I'm saying. And if they don't then oh well...
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
That was #21 of the 50 books for 2009. Hopefully I will make it to 50 but I would love to read at least 75. I guess we'll see.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
AND about the contest I posted that we'd entered last Tuesday. Well, if you voted for us...THANKS!!! Cause we WON!!! So we won a grand prize of $2,000! I'm excited, can you tell? haha...
Enough of my rambling. I'm excited about losing weight, winning the contest and next week this time I'll be at the beach on vacation. And have you ever had Rita's??? It's an italian ice place and it is so good. www.ritasice.com to find one near you. Okay I'm done promoting places...haha...Check them all out!
Saturday, April 04, 2009
1. Are you an organized person? Depends...At work I am more then I am at home. *Crazy I know*
2. What is one thing about your home that has to be just so or it drives you crazy when it comes to organization? The way stuff is folded. The towels and shirts have to be folded a certain way. That and the way clothes are hung up. They have to be hung up a certain way.
3. Do you have one little nuance about your organization that most people consider to be a little over the top? What is it? I'm very OCD about some things. My husband tells me just let it go it'll be okay. But in my mind it won't!
4. What is your favorite organizational tool? (bins, closet organizers, etc.) I like those little organizers that have the drawers.
5. Where is your favorite place to buy organizational needs? Probably Wal-Mart
6. Are you more organized at work or at home? Work definately...OCD majorly at work.
7. Are you more or less organized than your significant other? I am more organized the he is.
8. Does your significant other help or hurt organization? He tries to help.
9. What is the most important recreational items that you organize? Nothing
Friday, April 03, 2009
2. Take me any way you want me. (Not really!)
3. As my mother used to say, you're full of poop!
4. I'm exhausted after I'm done working out or doing something strenuous.
5. Even in the most crowded of rooms I'm still God child! And unique in my own way.
6. Today is a day fraught with peril.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to taking a nap, tomorrow my plans include laundry, reading and a bridal shower and Sunday, I want to go to church!