Thursday, December 31, 2009
BTW, do we say 2,010 or do we say 2010???? Because in 1999 we said 1999 not 1,999!!! Ponder that.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Is easy to love? Family
Do you just wanna smack? Stupid people
Do you trust? God
Do you talk to when you're alone? God
Dangerous things do you do while driving? Everyone would say texting, but I can text without having to look at my phone! haha And my husband would say driving with my knee.
Are you allergic to? Latex, pencillin, sulfa, and a few other meds (Found all this out in the last 2 years!)
Is Satan's last name? Does it really matter, he's satan!
Is the freakiest thing in your house? Hum...not really sure...
Is it time to turn over a new leaf? When one door closes...Another one will always open up.
Will you be all that you can be? When you do your best.
Is enough enough? when you've had your fill.
Do you go to the dark side? never hopefully.
Are your pants? on me.
Is your last will and testament? Don't have one...
Is your junk food stash? in the kitchen.
Is Carmen Sandiego? Loved that show when I was younger!
Was the Lone Ranger alone? Cause it was apart of his name, duh!
Was The Scarlet Letter scarlet? Cause it was all about being ashamed.
Are musicians sexy and plumbers not? Cause they have plumbers crack, and crack kills.
Are there no seat belts on school buses? I've always wondered this...
Swim the English Channel for a doughnut and coffee? If not that, what? Not sure.
Forgive someone who deliberately hurt you? Forgive, yes but not forget.
Rather believe a lie if it hurt you less than the truth? No! I'm a firm believer in telling the truth no matter what!
You still be alive if you were sucked out of an airplane window? Probably not!
Saturday, December 12, 2009
2. Welcome to my home.
3. Sleigh bells ring and children sing.
4. Laugh a little.
5. Once more please.
6. That was the end? (I never think movies or books end right - it's rare!)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to spending some time with my parents and sisters, tomorrow my plans include laundry and having pictures taken for someone and Sunday, I want to be lazy, no really I'll go to church and then spend time with family or napping!
Like my new signature?! I decided to create it tonight after going to someone else's blog and they had one. I think it's cute so you should too! haha And just show you know it's said like Casey Lou...
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
I really enjoyed this book once I got into it. The first few chapters were a bit dragging for me but after that it really picked up. I would have liked to have read the book before I saw the movie but sometimes it just goes the other way around.
The year is almost over and I've met my goal of 50 books for 2009 but I just like to read so no stopping any time soon.
Saturday, December 05, 2009
A crayon maker! If you know me then I love to color and I wish they had of had this toy when I was little. But I want it now even still, and yes I'm 26! :)
A new cell phone. We currently have a contract so therefore I can't just go get a phone but ATT does have go phones and this is one of those. Ahhh...a full keyboard (never had one of those on a phone).
Rock What You Got by Superchick CD...I received one of their other cd's for Christmas last year and they are awesome!
Those are just a few of the items that I want for Christmas, my needs now are completely different! haha...Merry Christmas everyone!
Thursday, December 03, 2009
This was a hard book for me to get into. I guess I just wasn't feeling it. But in the end I'm glad I waited it out and kept reading. It was a pretty good book with alot of details. Loved the ending! I ended up giving it a two star because it was okay.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
1. When is your birthday? 02/01
2. Where were you born? Iredell Memorial
3. Where do you live now? Statesville, NC
4. What is your heritage? I think Irish, not sure. Just know I'm southern! haha
5. Tell us about a weakness. Chocolate. Love chocolate and love reading.
6. What's a goal that you'd like to achieve? Finish school (hopefully I'll graduate in May 2010.) Then be a good wife and hopefully one day be a good momma.
7. What is the most overused internet phrase? LOL
8. What was your first thought this morning? So glad I got to sleep in.
9. When do you usually go to bed? If I have to work then it's usually around 11pm or midnight. If I don't have to work then it's whenever.
10. Do you smoke? If not, did you ever? I've tried it before but couldn't handle it. YUCK!
11. Do you like your current relationship status? Happily married
12. Do you (or did you) get along with your parents? Yes
13. How often do you drink alcohol? Not hardly...
14. Have you ever tried drugs (that weren't prescribed)? No...
15. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If yes, do tell. Nope
16. If given the choice, how would you like to die? Peacefully and not in a painful way.
17. What did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher
18. Have you ever been dumped? Yes
19. What's on your pizza? Cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms
20. Have you ever shoplifted? Nope
Friday, November 27, 2009
2. Chocolate followed at once by more chocolate.
3. The trouble is there is never enough time to read as much as I want to.
4. Sometimes family is to many miles away.
5. With a faint pop there goes the weasel.
6. The figure was shadowy and ominous.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to finishing some cleaning before my wonderful husband comes home, tomorrow my plans include hopefully cleaning out some closets and maybe decorating for Christmas and Sunday, I want to enjoy church and my family!
So yesterday was Thanksgiving here in the USA! And here is just a few things I'm thankful for in no particular order...
My family (husband, my parents, my in-laws, my sisters)
Winter time (my favorite season of the year!)
Techinology (otherwise this post would have never happened)
And the list could go on and on for alot longer but I'll stop there...
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Also I'm not Twilight Obsessed as some people are (not that I'm judging) but my husband thinks I am. And really I just think Robert Pattinson is HOT! What's wrong with that? I told him today I could be so much worse with that movie. He said I don't understand why people like it. So then I had to explain why everyone likes it. MEN! (Gotta love em)
My dad preached an awesome sermon on Sunday (not that he doesn't do good every week) but this Sunday it was about needs. And his main statement throughout the whole sermon was - 'If you're down to nothing, then God's up to something.' How right is that. I felt like he was preaching right to me because last week it was a battle.
First it was cold and then rainy. Well, where our crawl space is for our house flooded so the heat started messing up. Then once Jamie and his friend, Justin, got all the water out we went to turn our heat back on and it smelled so bad like something burning. We changed the filter but it still smelled. So today we had someone come out and look at it and found the problem. Now it doesn't stink. But we'll need a new heating system very soon. Whew...But I know God will provide so I'm not going to stress or worry over it.
Alright, enough rambling...Now I'm going to bed...don't forget to leave comments and let me know some coupon sites! :)
Friday, November 13, 2009
I started this book on 11/07/2009. I finished this book on 11/11/2009.
This book got five stars from me which is a major thing. All I can say about book (well, not really all I can say) is WOW!! It was amazing. My favorite part was Emma's story. Okay now let's go back some, this book was about 3 women, (Grandmother, Mother, Daughter) and their stories plus the story of their Great-Grandmother. It was about how when a lie was exposed everything started making sense and people started to understand. I love how the author did push God on you she just let the characters speak through the story about their faith. The part about the daughter needing to know that her mom and dad were proud of her hit home big time, as in that's something I fear is my parents won't be proud of me. I can't wait to see what her next book is about!
Saturday, November 07, 2009
On to other things...Jamie and I have been married two years! WOW I can't believe it's been that long. It feels like just yesterday I was walking down the aisle to him. Oh how I love him. To celebrate we are going to a cabin in Sparta thanks to some friends of our family, Susan and Randy. Sparta is about an hour away so we're going to leave tomorrow after church and go up there till sometime on Tuesday. I'm so excited.
I'm also excited that tonight Jamie and I are going to Charlotte to eat at a resturant called Pie Town. We've ate there before, so we knows it's really good, but the chef/owner of the resturant also is an author that Jamie likes and tonight they are having a book release party. I'm excited because he's excited.
Why is it that the leaves changing colors on the trees are so pretty but then when they fall on the ground they aren't so pretty anymore? haha
Off to try to find a book to read...Thanks for reading my blog...leave a comment and tell me what book I should read...
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
I really liked this book. I would have liked to see more conversation between Bruno and Shmeul but overall it was pretty good. The ending wasn't what I thought it would but and I didn't like the ending. Or wait, the ending was okay but it was sad. I had wondered at one point if Shmeul wouldn't talk Bruno into trading places with him but the ending wasn't that it was something much sadder. Overall a three star book. I can't wait to see the movie.
Woohoo, met my goal of 50 books for 2009 and still have 2 months left...Now onto the next book...
Monday, November 02, 2009
Back at the end of September we had our floors redone. If you remember back in March, Jamie and I entered a contest to win patio furniture and flooring. Well, we won and we got our patio furniture and we've had it for a while. But the floor people weren't really wanting to work with us so it took us till about the first of September to even get the tile that we'd ordered back in May! Anyhow we are finally finished and here is the finished product. I have a picture where you can kind of see the bathroom floor before (it was black tile). Now it's white tile in the bathroom and kind of brownish tile in the kitchen...Enjoy! :)
Thursday, October 29, 2009
It was a pretty good book. My edition was extremely long because it was large print but it's what the library had so I took it. Anyhow, it was a book of twist but not to many that you got lost. I would have liked more twist. So I gave it a 3 star...
Monday, October 12, 2009
I think I read this book in high school. It was enjoyable but it was definately a young adult book. I felt so sorry for Melinda through-out the whole book. I can't say I understand what she went through and hopefully I'll never be able to say I understand it. Maybe girls in high school that have gone through what Melinda went through would like and feel with the book more then girls that haven't. Overall it was a 3 star for me. I couldn't really put it down but it wasn't the best book I've ever read before. BUT I did enjoy the ending, which is rare that I can say that about books.
Only two more books and I'll reach my goal of 50 books for the year of 2009!!! :)
Friday, October 09, 2009
2. Chocolate was made especially for me.
3. Silliness is what makes life fun!
4. Going to sit at home this Halloween.
5. Outstanding or not books are still a great.
6. Chocolate (imagine) and something good to eat is what I want right now!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing and cleaning a little, tomorrow my plans include laundry and homework and Sunday, I want to go to church, take a nap and spend some time with family!
Wednesday, October 07, 2009
This book was really good. It kept me guessing through the whole book. Wasn't as many twist and turns as other books I'd read but still there were some. I felt sorry for Annie and Stephan. I couldn't imagine being like that with my mom. And then Erin seeing what she saw. Can't wait to read the next book in this series. Gave this book 3.5 stars!
Now on to book #48 which is Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson...I recorded the movie for this book so I can't wait to compare the two...AND only two more books till I reach my goal of 50 books for the year of 2009! But don't worry I won't stop reading once I reach 50 books! haha
Friday, October 02, 2009
1. I have a history of always having a book with me (is that such a bad thing?).
2. Another language is something I wish I knew.
3. I'm eating (or recently ate) an apple cored and sliced with some splenda and cinnamon on it and I microwaved it for about 45 seconds...YUM!
4. Stay on the road.
5. So that's it, that's enough!
6. Some is better than nothing!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to being off of work, mom coming home from her mission trip in Romania and Jessi coloring my hair, tomorrow my plans include babysitting, homework, and laundry and Sunday, I want to go to Homecoming at church and relax!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Now I'm reading Brink of Death by Brandilyn Collins...Hope it's good...
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
2. Cartoons were so much better when I was young.
3. Mama told me don't be sassy, your children will be 10 times more sassy to you then you are to me (wish I hadn't of been so sassy now!).
4. Keep this just between you and me.
5. Take your time and enjoy everything.
6. This to will pass!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going out with my husband, brother-in-law and his girlfriend, tomorrow my plans include hanging around Wilmington and relaxing and Sunday, I want to go to church and get ready to face the real world again (on Tuesday)!
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Next is book #45...But what book should that be? I'm having a hard time deciding...I wanna read a really good book...We shall see...
Sunday, September 20, 2009
27. Do you prefer to sleep or eat? Hum...Both...If I had to pick one over the other it'd be sleep though.
28. Do you look like your mom or dad? I think I look more like my mom. But I have my grandma's smile.
29. How long does it take you in the shower? About 7 or 8 minutes. IF we've got hot water maybe a little longer though.
30. Can you do the splits? NO!
31. What movie do you want to see right now? Time Traveler's Wife
32. What did you do for New Year’s? Go to church...we usually have a big thing but if we don't have that then I stay at home.
33. Do you think The Grudge was scary? Haven't seen it.
34. Do you own a camera phone? Yes...Not a very good one but it's a camera phone all the same.
35. Was your mom a cheerleader? Don't think so.
36. What’s the last letter of your middle name? N
37. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? Usually 5 hours. Depends on what time I go to bed though and how much I want to read.
38. Do you like Care Bears? I did when I was little.
39. What do you buy at the movies? Popcorn usually.
40. Do you know how to play poker? Nope
41. Do you wear your seat belt? Yes...so I don't get a ticket!
42. What do you wear to sleep? Why should I post that here?!
43. Anything big ever happen in your hometown? Not really which I'm thankful for.
44. How many meals do you eat a day? Usually 3 main ones and then I try to snack some too so I'm not starving.
45. Is your tongue pierced? No
46. Do you always read MySpace bulletins? No
47. Do you like funny or serious people better? I like them in the middle. I'm more of a serious person myself and my husband is a funny person.
48. Ever been to L.A.? If that means Lower Alabama then yes I have! :)
49. Did you eat a cookie today? No. Wish I did.
50. Do you use cuss words in other languages? No...why would I?
51. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads? Neither. Don't download music.
52. Do you hate chocolate? No...I'd love to have a pool of dark chocolate so I could swim around in it!
53. What do you and your parents fight about the most? Them still being a little overprotective and I'm 26! Or maybe it's me feeling like they are being overprotective. I'm a worry wart and want to please them. Sometimes that gets in the way.
54. Are you a gullible person? Sometimes, not as much as I use to be though.
55. Do you need a girlfriend to be happy? Um, seeing as how I'm a girl that'd be a NO.
56. If you could have any job (assuming you have the skills) what what would it be? A stay-at-home mom. Gotta have the right skills (a child) for that job though.
57. Are you easy to get along with? I try to be. Sometimes I am not though.
58. What is your favorite time of day? Night time. I'm a big night owl and not a morning person at all.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Now on to book 43!
Friday, September 18, 2009
1. My car needs to be cleaned.
2. Saturday is coming up next.
3. Lately, things seem to have a way of going crazy and wild.
4. MY HOME is one of my favorite 'hiding' places.
5. What happened to Clear Pepsi!?
6. Nothing is not impossible! (But there's a catch here...Nothing is impossible with GOD!)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to mopping my new floors, tomorrow my plans include laundry, reading and homework and Sunday, I want to go to church, see my momma off to Romania :( and then relax!
Saturday, September 12, 2009
1. The phone rings. Who will it to be? Either Jamie or my mom
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? To the cart return spot.
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? Depends on who I'm with and what's being talked about.
?4. Do you take compliments well? I hope so...I know I love getting them.
5. Do you play Sudoku? Yes, not much but love the challenge.
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive? Probably not. I'm not one for survival knowledge. Maybe if my husband was with me.
7. Did you ever go to camp as a kid? Yes, South Mountain Baptist Camp! :)
8. What was your favorite game as a kid? Rummy, Sorry, War (when it says game I automatically think of card or board games, haha)
9. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew she was married, would you? NO.
10. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you? I don't think so. But it doesn't matter since I'm not dating anymore and my husband does share the same religious beliefs.
11. Do you like to pursue or be pursued? I like to be pursued if I have to pick one of the two.
12. Use three words to describe yourself? Homebody, book worm, and nerdy. HAHA
13. Do any songs make you cry? Yes, just a few.
14. Are you continuing your education? Of course I am...Hopefully I won't be after May 2010 though.
15. Do you know how to shoot a gun? Um no.
16. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth? Um no again.
17. How often do you read books? Everyday, I always have a book with me. If I don't have a book with me then something is wrong and I'm probably upset. I may not take a book in a place with me but I still take the book I'm reading everywhere. Example: church, grocery store, out to eat, etc.
18. Do you think more about the past, present or future? Probably mostly of the past and future...I love the past cause there are some good memories. But I love thinking about the future also cause of what is to come.
19. What is your favorite children’s book? The Rainbow Fish, The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, and The Krazies (couldn't just pick one!)
20.What color are your eyes? Brown when I feel good and sometimes they change to a greenish brown when I feel bad.
21. How tall are you? 5'6
22. Where is your dream house located? Probably the beach or the mountains. I love the beach but I love the cold weather. Could we combine the two?
23. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed? Chubby for sure (the cat). Then pictures.
24. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? Oh wow...I don't remember the last time. That just means I need to go back.
25. Where was the furthest place you traveled today? Sheetz to get gas.
26. Do you like mustard? Of course, Mustard is our friend.
Friday, September 11, 2009
1. That's a time to be.
2. HELLO; I'm over here!
3. The possibilities include: anything and everything.
4. Homemade Pizza is one of my favorite cool day recipes.
5. How will you know if you don't at least try.
6. Lightening and a stormy sky.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing, tomorrow my plans include washing clothes and homework and Sunday, I want to go to church and then relax!
Wednesday, September 09, 2009
Saturday, September 05, 2009
Friday, September 04, 2009
I love being a Christian and feeling that close bond with God. It's awesome to know you are taken care of.
I love being able to pay extra to bills. And paying stuff off!
I love Rita's Ice...I haven't had it in a while though.
I love the new Skillet CD, 'Awake'. It's great.
I love 3 day weekends. We should have them more often.
I love sleeping. I think I could lay down at any time of the day and be able to fall asleep.
I love having a wonderful husband. He's the best. Period!
I love reading...I carry a book everywhere with me.
Just a few things tha I love...............
Thursday, September 03, 2009
Sunday, August 30, 2009
I love the weekends...Saturday's the most just because I don't have to do anything.
How can some people not work but yet still have the $$ to go out and buy stuff? I don't understand. Jamie and I work hard to have what we have and still don't get everything we want. Ya know?!
I'm a nerd...there I said it...Just like some people are jocks, I'm a nerd. If I could read or sit at a computer all day I would.
Speaking of sitting at a computer and reading all day, I'm also a hermit! haha...I love being at home. I'm a person who loves the indoors, just like some people like the outdoors.
I can't wait till winter, yes you read that right. I love winter, hope it snows this winter and alot!
Back in April or May I was losing sight in my left eye and I've started seeing spots again. I'm going to a neurologist on September 9th so we'll see. Keep me in your prayers please!
That's enough random facts for today...hope you enjoyed...
Saturday, August 22, 2009
2. Dear Lord, I want you to know how thankful I am that you'll always take care of me.
3. Is that my house (that looks like that)!!???
4. I'm trying to resist the temptation of chocolate (always!).
5. I'm saving a piece (of chocolate of course!) just for you!
6. If I made a birthday list money (and lots of it!) would definitely be on it!!!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to spend time with my parents and sisters, tomorrow my plans include making a list of what needs to be done around the house and doing what's on the list and Sunday, I want to go to church and then relax!
Now on to book 39!!
Thursday, August 06, 2009
Whew...I'm so glad I finished this book. For some reason I just couldn't get into it at first. So it took me almost a whole month to read it. But I got through it and I'm so glad I did. I loved the ending in the book and I can't say that about many books. It's not my favorite Picoult book but it was still good.
Now on to book 37!!
Saturday, August 01, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Poor children. I knew I had a really good childhood before but this book makes me so thankful for everything I had down to the shoes my grandma would buy me. I don't understand how parents can neglect a child so much. If you are going to neglect your children then you shouldn't have any. I wish there had been more about Mauren in the book but other then that it was really good. I gave this book a 4 star.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Sunday, July 12, 2009
This book was kind of weird for me. I didn't really get into it till about 100 pages in. I usually don't give a book that long but I did this one. The twist that was close to the end was kind of crazy but in a good way. Overall I rated this book a 2 star.
Tuesday, July 07, 2009
Now on to book 32!
Friday, July 03, 2009
2. Quiet time with God is the best medicine.
3. It's late, but late is better then never!
4. Have faith always.
5. My eyes have seen some very good books.
6. Act strongly.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a little cleaning, tomorrow my plans include laundry as always and some good reading and Sunday, I want to go to church!
Thursday, July 02, 2009
Now on to book number 31!!!
Saturday, June 27, 2009
2. God is by my side, always.
3. I know this: Jamie (my husband) and my parents will always be by my side as well! ALWAYS!
4. Be still.
5. These words apply to me: Trust in God for anything and everything because He will provide.
6. Today the sun was shining.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to coloring my hair and spending time with family, tomorrow my plans include getting my hair trimmed, laundry and babysitting and Sunday, I want to go to church and relax!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
1. I've come to realize that my last kiss was to long ago and will get another kiss soon.
2. I am listening to the tv right now.
3. I talk to much sometimes!
4. I love Jamie Ray!!
5. My best friend is all the way in OK!
6. My first real kiss was when I lived in Florida.
7. Love is a wonderful but painful thing.
8. Marriage is the best but hard work.
9. Somewhere, someone is thinking about me, hopefully.
10. I'll always loved chocolate!
11. The last time I really cried was because Jamie and I were fussing.
12. My cell phone is right beside me.
13. When I wake up in the morning I think just some more sleep!
14. Before I go to bed I brush my teeth, take out my contacts, hug Jamie, and read some.
15. Right now I am thinking about Jamie coming home from work! :) And spending the rest of the day with him.
16. Babies are cute and cuddly...And then you send them home to their parents.
17. I get on Myspace alot but no where near as much as I use to.
18. Today I took my daddy to lunch! Happy Father's Day to all the Daddy's out there.
19. Tomorrow I will be working. As usual on a Monday!
20. I really want to be doing what I'm doing.
Friday, June 19, 2009
2. Show me a good loser and I will show you a sore loser as well.
3. Drinking a Reese's Milkshake from Cook-Out is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs at one time.
4. Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy to worried about everything else and are not caring like they should.
5. I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine asking and directions.
6. It is impossible to think of any good meal, no matter how plain or elegant, without salt or pepper in it.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to it being the last night at VBS and babysitting, tomorrow my plans include washing clothes and taking Hannah to the park and Sunday, I want to go to church and spend a little time with my Daddy!!
Happy Father's Day to all you Daddy's out there!!!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Sunday, June 07, 2009
Now on to book #28!!
Thursday, June 04, 2009
2. My favorite thing for dinner lately has been livermush sandwiches with cheese, mayo, mustard, and sauted onions.
3. Big dogs bark! bark! bark! (whereas little dogs don't-sorry if I offend anyone)
4. A nice long walk is good if it's cool outside but not if it's hot.
5. Do you have some good news?
6. When all is said and done, the fat lady will have sung!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to my preschool class is graduating (thank you LORD!), tomorrow my plans include laundry of course and babysitting and Sunday, I want to go to church and relax!
Saturday, May 30, 2009
I didn't really get any good pictures of the bands even though we had really good seats but I did get alot of pictures of the crazy amounts of lights that Skillet had. It was so awesome! And a few of Jamie and I as well...Jamie and I bought two shirts and a cd at the concert. He got a Skillet shirt that's their tour shirt. And I got a Disciple shirt cause I thought it was pretty. haha. It was the last night of the tour so they were pulling pranks on each other so it was overall a really fun experience. Jamie loved it!
1. Do you mind people to show up uninvited? Depends on who they are but most of the time I don't like uninvited guest.
2. Last person you talked to on the phone? Jamie last night when he got off of work.
3. Last person on your missed call list? The Partnership.
4. Who calls you the most? Jamie and my momma!
5. What is your favorite song about breaking up? Dunno...Don't do alot of breaking up anymore since I'm married.
6. If someone sent you an unexpected gift, what would you like it to be? Money! haha...Jamie bought me some unexpected roses though the other night and they were nice.
7. Your classic rock station plays the top songs of all time. What is number one? It wouldn't be classic rock. Maybe Christian Rock and it'd probably be one of Skillet's songs.
8. Do you live for today or tomorrow? Today...Tomorrow may never come.
9. What movie villain scared you as a kid? I was scared of wolves in stories when I was younger (like the 3 little pigs).
Friday, May 29, 2009
2. Home-grown tomatoes.
3. My favorite health and beauty product is Bath & Body Works Body Wash.
4. Let's go for a nice long ride.
5. Well, first of all I love to read!
6. Random; those were the cast of characters in a recent dream and it was random (I don't know about this question).
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing and watching Twilight, tomorrow my plans include laundry and going to a wedding and Sunday, I want to go to church and then relax!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
1. Is summer your favorite season? Why? No way...It's to hot...You can only take off so much clothing and you'll still be hot! YUCK!
2. Do you exercise more in the summer because you wear less clothing? No...that's a doubt reason to exercise more.
3. Do you enjoy tanning or are you more concerned about the dangers of basking in the sun? I use to tan really easy but when I was 10 I got a really bad case of sun poison. And now I can't tan at all. But that's okay cause I won't be near as wrinkly later on in life.
4. You are on the beach when a waiter appears for your drink order. What do you ask for? Some water or Mt. Dew. Both with lots of ice in the cup.
5. Do you camp in the summertime? NO...I mean as a kid I would go to camp one week out of the summer but as far as pitching a tent and sleeping on the ground...No way.
6. What was your favorite summer vacation as a kid? We use to go to Topsail Island every May and September. Those were the days...Love that beach.
7. Do you enjoy sleeping outdoors? No...I enjoy sleeping in my comfy bed very much!
8. Do you throw a summer barbecue every year? No...I don't know if I've ever thrown a summer barbecue...Maybe that's something we'll have to do this year.
9. Have you ever been to a nude beach? If yes, what did you think? Um...no way!
2. Stupidity free.
3. My best quality is hum...I'm loving I guess...I don't hold grudges.
4. A bunch of details.
5. In nearly 10 years, I'll be almost to the top of the hill (36 years old in 10 years - whew glad it's not yet!).
6. To read is what I need right now!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to making laundry detergent and relaxing, tomorrow my plans include doing laundry and packing and Sunday, I want to going to church and then leaving for Greenville, SC - going to a Skillet concert and super excited (I said that in my best valley girl accent)!
Friday, May 22, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay cheque.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
1. If we had no winter life would be yucky!! Winter is the best season of all.
2. Life is a perpetual astonishment.
3. If I had my life to live over I wouldn't want it cause once this life is over I'll be in Heaven and who really wants to come back from there!
4. Everything inside of four and twenty hours.
5. If you've never been thrilled then what have you done?!
6. To be interested in the changing seasons it has to be getting cooler.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to scrapbook with my momma, tomorrow my plans include seeing my sisters go to prom and doing laundry (of course) and Sunday, I want to go to church and resting!
Thursday, May 07, 2009
And my husband joined SparkPeople so that's inspired me to try harder too and I've started logging my food like I should have been doing all along.
So we made our own laundry detergent a little over a week ago...It works wonderfully. I think next time we'll do the powder laundry but it's such a savings in money. I mean you pay $9 for a box of Gain that does 40 loads of laundry. We paid probably about $7 or $8 for all the items to make the laundry and it'll make more then just one mix of the laundry detergent and the homemade detergent will probably do at least 80 loads of laundry. SAVINGS!!!
Please add this precious little boy to your prayer list and pass this information along. Thanks so much! :)
2. Stupid people need to go somewhere and that's all I have to say about that.
3. I think I hear chocolate calling my name.
4. American and the Christian flag.
5. Do what you want to do, but will not do.
6. He walked and behind him was a Radio Flyer wagon; in the wagon was a bucket filled with apples.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to Hickory with my dad and maybe babysitting, tomorrow my plans include a daycare picnic and laundry (couldn't leave that out!) and Sunday, I want to go to church and relax!
Monday, May 04, 2009
I rated this book a 3 star. Book number 24...Moving on to book 25...
Saturday, May 02, 2009
First Job: Cashier at Troutman Galaxy
First Real Job: Bookkeeper for Food Lion
First Favorite Politician: Nada...I liked Bush but I've never really had a favorite
First Car: Toyota Corolla
First Record/CD: It was a tape and it was New Kids On The Block or at least that's the one I say is my first
First Sport Played: Um...I'm not a sporty girl...No sports for me...But I was a cheerleader in 5th grade
First Concert: In Florida when I was 13. It was at camp there was a different concert every night...Skillet, Newsong, Rebecca St. James were some of the ones that played that week.
First Foreign Country Visited: Never been to a foreign country...not yet anyway...
First Favorite TV Show: I loved Zoobilee and Fraggle Rock when I was little
First Favorite Actor: Andrew Keegan or Jonathan Taylor Thomas
First Favorite Actress: Didn't really care for the actresses
First Girlfriend/Boyfriend: First real boyfriend was John David
First Encounter with a Famous Person: I met Skillet in January 2008 with my husband at Winter Jam
First Brush With Death: Um...When I was 17 I had 4 wrecks in 6 months...BUT only one was my fault...But one was pretty scary
First House/Condo Owned: Jamie, my husband, and I bought a house in November 2008 - almost 1 year to the date from when we got married. And it's my first house owned...I was 25.
First Film Seen: I have no idea. But I know that me and my friend would go to the movies all the time when we were younger.
First Favorite Recording Artist: Probably New Kids On The Block...haha...That dates me.
First Favorite Radio Station: Probably a station in Florida.
First Book I Remember Reading: Betsy & Tacy, good book check it out.
First Meme You Answered on Your Blog: Friday Fill-Ins...Love em
Friday, May 01, 2009
1. The first rule of working in an office and getting along is don't worry about other people's business, worry about your own.
2. Yucky clams.
3. When I think of carnivals I think of scary clowns, and the book Funhouse by Dean Koontz.
4. Clematis is my favorite spring flower.
5. Things on my desk include bills, pens, computer, and lamp.
6. Spring makes me wanna stay inside, away from the pollen.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to bumming around the house, tomorrow my plans include laundry and hanging out with a friend and Sunday, I want to go to church and relax!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
I first learned about making my own laundry detergent from The Duggars (18 kids and counting - tv show) Anyhow, that really interested me so I thought I'd give it a shot...Let you know how it turns out...
Sunday, April 26, 2009
1. What are your current obsessions? Reading and crocheting...I'm also thinking about learning how to make my own laundry detergent...I'm sure I'll let you know how that works out...
2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often? Scrubs of course for work.
3. What's for dinner? Chip Beef and Gravy with toasted bread. Yum!
4. Last thing you bought? Ice cream and a few other things the other day.
5. What are you listening to? Days of Our Lives on TV...I DVRed it.
6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be? what kind of question is that...
7. Favorite holiday spots? Mom's, church, my house, and Jamie's dad's
8. Reading right now? The Hollow by Nora Roberts
9. 4 words to describe yourself. Christian, wife, daughter, blogger
10. Guilty pleasure? Chocolate
11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak? my sisters...haha
12. Planning to travel to next? Not sure...Hopefully somewhere with my husband
13. Best thing you ate or drank lately? Mt.Dew - need to buy some more...
14. When did you last get tipsy? Negative
15. Care to share some wisdom? Galatians 1:10. Obviously, I'm not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ's servant. (Don't worry about what other people think, worry about what God thinks!)
16. Nicest thing anyone’s ever said to you? That they were proud of me.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
That makes 23 of the 50 books I want to read in 2009. Almost half way there and it's only April...Maybe if I reach 50 I'll extend my goal to 75. That would be amazing. There are so many good books out there and so little time...Now on to the 24th book.
1. If you could have just one more conversation with a person from your past, who would it be? My mawmaw...I would tell her how much I love her. But I would probably wait to have this conversation till after I had children so I could show her pictures of my kids.
2. Do your friends tend to be male or female? Female...I don't want my guy to run around with females so I don't run around with males.
3. What is in your car’s trunk? Junk...I'm not really sure but I know I have a pair of scuffs.
4. What was the last CD that you purchased? Point of Grace Christmas CD at Christmas time.
5. What is your favorite movie and why? Cinderella because she's always been my favorite princess. And I'm a kid at heart.
6. If you could wake up with a new talent tomorrow, what would it be? I'd know how to design with my PSP completely.
7. What is your favorite day of the week and why? Saturday's, because I'm off and it's a day for me.
8. What are you wearing when you feel you’re at your best? PJ's of course...haha...
9. When was the last time cried? Last Saturday.
Friday, April 24, 2009
2. Today was a very sunny day.
3. 2009 is okay so far.
4. We only got one good snow this past winter and that was it (Yes I want more!).
5. For too long I've been worried about what people thought about me...NO MORE.
6. I am not obsessed with how certain stuff goes and being OCD with stuff; I am not! (RIGHT! haha)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing and watching some tv, tomorrow my plans include laundry & festival of tables and Sunday, I want to go to church!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
1. My uncle once: took me fishing.
2. Never in my life: would I say that I would never do something. Because God has a sense of humor.
3. When I was seventeen: I loved to go cruising and be out and about.
4. High School was: a blast at that time but I wouldn't go back for nothing.
5. I will never forget: it's silly but that if you give someone .41 cents then you should get back .59 cent. I had a friend point that out to me when I was around 16 or 17 and worked at a grocery store.
6. I once met: a woman from OK who was in my wedding!
7. There’s this girl I know who: loves me! (it's my sisters people!)
8. Once, at a bar: my mom went to get wings. She didn't know it was a bar...Going to a bar is a big thing for a preacher's wife. haha
9. By noon, I’m usually: Ready for the children to lay down and go to sleep!
10. Last night: I was at the beach and I played canasta and dominoes with my mom, dad and grandma.
11. If only I had: Another week off to spend at the beach but this time I would have my husband come along.
12. Next time I go to gym/church: Will probably be Wednesday or next Sunday.
13. Susan Boyle: who's that?
14. What worries me most: is not pleasing people. Which is stupid because in the end people aren't what matters - it's God that matters.
15. When I turn my head left, I see: My sisters and the door-way.
16. When I turn my head right, I see: My pillow and a wall.
17. You know I’m lying when: I don't know...You can just tell...I'm not a good liar.
18. What I miss most about the eighties: being young and the music.
19. If I was a character in Shakespeare, I’d be: Who knows...not a big Shakespeare fan.
20. By this time next year: I hope to be finishing up with school.
21. A better name for me would be: Sweetheart is what my husband calls me...But I go by Kasi Lou to most.
22. I have a hard time understanding: Why people don't discipline their children. What's going to happen when they grow up and have to follow the law??? (I'm going to be a mean momma one day in the far future!)
23. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: go for graphic design or something dealing with computers and all.
24. You know I like you if: I pick on you. If I don't pick on you then I don't really care for you.
25. If I ever won an award, the first person I’d thank would be: God of course! It's because He loves me that I'm where I'm at.
26. When I compare 80’s rock to 90’s rock: I'm not a big rock fan but 80's music is best and then 90's and then everything else.
27. Take my advice, never: say never.
28. My ideal breakfast is: usually rice crispies and sugar and banana if it's available.
29. A song I love, but do not own is: anything by Barlow Girl...Love their music but own nothing of theirs.
30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest: going through the clover leaf. Where 77 and 40 met it does a clover leaf...Can make you very dizzy and/or very sick.
31. My favorite Beatle is: Dunno...before my time.
32. Why won’t people: Just use their brains.
33. If you spend the night at my house: my mother-in-law would say that you would freeze...but you'd be sleeping in the guest bed.
34. I’d stop my wedding for: someone passing out or being hurt some way.
35. The world could do without: spiders...a good spider is a dead spider!
36. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: nothing. Why would anyone want to do anything dealing with licking the belly of a cockroach...Refer back to #32.
37. My favorite blonde is: does this person have to really be blonde? If not then it's my sister, Jamie.
38: Paper clips are more useful than: Thumb tacks? what kind of question is that...
39. If I do anything well, it’s: organize stuff at work.
40. And by the way: I love to read!
Saturday, April 18, 2009
1. Have you ever been told that you look like some famous? Nope.
2. Name a celebrity that shares your birthday. I know it says name a celebrity, but when I looked it up I found two that I wanted to list: Clark Gable and Pauly Shore.
3. Tell us about your first kiss. I don't remember my first kiss kiss as much as I remember my first kiss with my husband. He'd been chasing me for about a year and a half wanting me to date him and I finally decided to give him a chance to date me...Who knew we'd be married years later...Anyhow, our first kiss I was sitting on the hood of his jeep and he was standing in front of me. When he kissed me he bit my bottom lip and I actually had a bruise on it the next day. You couldn't see the bruise as much as I could feel it.
4. When you meet someone attractive, what do you notice first? Eyes, how they stand, and smile.
5. What was your biggest mistake ever? Hum...Being boy crazy when I was younger. I should have gave it all to God and He'd have shown me the right guy anyhow, but I was always worried about being alone...
6. Give us one random, but candid fact about you. It's VERY hard to name just one thing. But I hate (and I don't say I hate many things) but I hate to talk on the phone. I'd rather text, get on the computer or drive an hour and see someone then talk to anybody on the phone. I use to not be this way.
7. What about your current or most recent lover excites you? That I'm married to him. We've been together for 6 years and that just amazes me. It excites me that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.
8. What really annoys you? Stupid people whether that be stupid people driving or stupid people in a store who can't control their children or stupid people that try to start crap. Oh and another thing that annoys me is when I'm OCD about something and someone else does it and it isn't right.
9. How many other Saturday 9’ers answers do you usually read? Usually two or three...Just to see if anyone is like me.
Friday, April 17, 2009
2. Put a little time for God in your day!
3. Happiness is trusting in the Lord.
4. Dazed and confused.
5. I'm waiting for Sunday to see my husband.
6. Chocolate is hard to resist.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to probably playing canasta or dominoes, tomorrow my plans include sleeping and walking on the beach and Sunday, I want to go home and see my husband for the first time in a week!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
2. What is your favorite food? My favorite food is this steak that Jamie makes. So I typed in steak. This was the prettiest picture on the first page :)
3. What high school did you go to? West Iredell…This is a picture of the volleyball team, and no I didn’t play.
4. What is your favorite color? Blue is my favorite color…And a beautiful picture of a beach seemed appropriate.
5. Who is your celebrity crush? Robert Pattinson…Yes from Twilight…There is just something about him that makes him so cute!
6. Favorite drink? That would be a very close tie between Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew. If you notice in the picture that I have both of them!
7. Dream vacation? Italy. My husband would love to go there and although I’m perfectly content if I just keep going to the same place over and over again (Topsail Island) he’s made me want to visit other places…And Italy would be the first one on my list.
8. Favorite dessert? Chocolate Molten Cake. You can get it at Chili’s. I’d have to say it’s by far my favorite dessert. Usually I go with whatever is chocolate on the menu but this is a must have if you go to Chili’s.
9. What you want to be when you grow up? A Stay-At-Home Mom is what I want to be when I’m grown up. Hopefully that will be possible once we have children.
10. What do you love most in life? I had two answers for this one but picked books over being at home. There is just something about books that make me feel safe. I could spend hours in a store like Barnes & Noble.
11. One Word to describe you. Sweetheart is what Jamie calls me. I’ve had a few other people in my life that have called me Sweetheart from the time they met me. All I can do is try to live up to that name.
12. Your Flickr name. I didn’t have one until now and my Flickr name is KasiLou…Not sure I’ll ever use this site but I picked a flower that I like for this picture since the survey never asked for a flower. My favorite flower would have to be the orchid so that’s what I chose a picture of.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
That's the view of our house from the ocean side. We're staying at a house that's been in our family for years and my great uncle now is owner of it but it's so cool to say I've been coming to this house for 26 years. LOVE IT!!! Oh yes, that's my grandma close to the house and my sister Jessi in front of me with the red shirt.
The wonderful beach. It's so pretty...Everytime we come I say let's move to the beach. It's so beautiful and it amazes me everytime I see the beauty of the ocean and the sand that God created all of it. But He still took the time to create me too. Amazing!!
Us walking down the boardwalk to see the ocean for the first time. This is something that I always do when we come. I go see the ocean before unpacking the car. Like do I think it's going to disappear??? Again, it's Jessi and Grandma in front of me.