Tuesday, March 06, 2012

God in my life...

So, here lately God has really been working in my family's life. Years ago I'd looked into a book, Your Money Map by Howard Dayton, and had felt like that was something we should do. But my husband wasn't being led in the same way. Well, about a month or so ago God started working on Jamie's heart about this certain book. Since then we have been blessed beyond measure. The book basically helps you toward leading a debt free life. You ask why does it matter if you have debt or not. Well, the Bible says that we shouldn't have debt. And both Jamie and I have always wanted me to be able to stay at home once we had child(ren). Right now that's not possible but I'm not putting anything past my God! I think one day, someday (all in His timing) we will be able to transition into a one-income family.

Also here recently I found a blog and on this blog she had a post about Praying for her husband, here's that post. And I felt lead to pray for Jamie more. So here is the list broken down - it's a list of 25 prayers for your husband that you could add 5 or 6 more to round out the month and make it more personal. Here is the first 5 from the list...go check out the rest of the list! :)

25 Prayers for My Husband

I pray…
  1. that he continues to grow spiritually through the disciplines of Bible study, prayer, and quiet times. (Proverbs 4:23)
  2. that his relationship with God will bear much fruit in his life, and that he will be a man who seeks wisdom and understanding. (Proverbs 3:7, Psalm 112:1)
  3. that he would walk humbly with God, and would always be convicted quickly about any sin in his life. (Micah 6:8)
  4. that he will continue to grow as the leader of our family, and that God would be glorified in our marriage. (Ephesians 5:25-29)
  5. that he would have a teachable spirit and a servant’s heart, and that he will listen to God and desire to do His will. (Proverbs 15:33)
So I'll be praying for Jamie! :) And I'm looking forward to seeing what God has planned for our family!

1 comment:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Thanks for sharing! :)