Saturday, April 28, 2012

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

A mysterious island.

 An abandoned orphanage.

 A strange collection of very curious photographs.

It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a deserted island for good reason. And somehow—impossible though it seems—they may still be alive. A spine-tingling fantasy illustrated with haunting vintage photography, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children will delight adults, teens, and anyone who relishes an adventure in the shadows.

My Review - I debated giving this four or five stars. And ended up picking four but I'd really give this a 4.5, although I don't know what would have made it better. Anyhow, about half way through this book I started reading reviews that people had wrote on it and a lot of people were only giving it two or three stars. I don't understand why only to think that people just have different taste in reading. Yes this book did take some imagination to read it but isn't that the great thing about reading? Going to different worlds? I absolutely loved this book and am so thankful to Stephanie for winning it! It was amazing. I have to be honest that I judged it on it's cover first. I loved the cover and when I first saw the cover of the book, I thought I need to read that. So it's been on my TBR list for quiet some time. When I won the book I was excited to read it and I loved all the characters in it. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. I want to know what happens to Jacob, Emma, Miss Peregrine, Brownwyn, and all the others. Okay I'm changing this to a five star rating cause while writing this I'm loving it all the more!


No comments: