Wednesday, May 01, 2013

I'm BACK!!!

So I haven't blogged in a REALLY long time...SO I thought I'd use the Bout of Books to return to the blogging world. I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to blog for this or for any other events because life is so busy these days.

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

So a little update before I start the Bout of Books...

Maddie is now 17 months old! WOW, hard to believe. She’s a feisty, sassy little one for sure. But gosh I love her. We celebrated her birthday in November with a Hot Pink and Zebra themed party. She soaked it all up of course.

In December 2012 my sweet Momma was diagnosed with Stage 4 Metastasized Breast Cancer. The cancer has spread to her bones. So it’s in her hips, shoulders, and spine. She did chemo for a while and then last week she did another PET scan and the cancer wasn’t as intense as it was previously. But still if you would keep her in your prayers please and thank you!

I started knitting back in June of 2012 and I’ve become quiet addicted so if I’m not reading I’m usually knitting. And I’m hardly ever on the computer anymore cause I’d rather be knitting! Haha. My current addiction in the knitting world is dishcloths. I love making them cause they go fast and are super easy to make.

My beloved Chubby aka Mr. Chubs passed away in April 2013. It was super hard cause he was for sure my kitty. I didn’t think at first that I’d want another cat right away. But after coming home on lunch one time to an empty house I told my husband we had to get another cat. So about two weeks after Chubby passing we adopted Hattie from the local animal shelter. She’s a sweetie! :)

Anyhow, hopefully I’ll keep up with this blog more in the future. But if not know that I’m spending my time with my family!

1 comment:

Kelly Rubidoux said...

Glad you're joining us. I hope we can help ease you back into the blogging world. Good luck!