Monday, September 06, 2010

A Woman's Place - Lynn Austin

They watched their sons, their brothers, and their husbands enlist to fight a growing menace across the seas. And when their nation asked, they answered the call as well. Virginia longs to find a purpose beyond others' expectations. Helen is driven by a loneliness money can't fulfill. Rosa is desperate to flee her in-laws' rules. Jean hopes to prove herself in a man's world. Under the storm clouds of destruction that threaten America during the early 1940s, this unlikely gathering of women will experience life in sometimes starling new ways as their beliefs are challenged and they struggle toward a new understanding of what love and sacrifice truly mean.

My Review - First about the ending...I usually do not think books end the way I want them to or would like them to or the way they should. BUT this book ended in a great way! I loved how the four women in the book didn't know each other but grew to love one another. I also loved how Austin didn't push God in this book but then again I would have loved to seen more of Him witnessed in it. I know that doesn't make sense but overall it doesn't matter I guess. Because I absolutely loved this book after I got into it. In the beginning it was kind of hard for me to get into it because I had just finished reading her Chronicles of the Kings series. One of my favorites from Austin.

No comments: