Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Light to my Path by Lynn Austin

Refiner's Fire book 3 Kitty, a house slave, always figured it was easiest to do what she’d always done--obey Missy and follow orders. But when word arrives that the Yankees are coming, Kitty is faced with a decision: will she continue to follow the bidding of her owners, or will she embrace this chance for freedom? Never allowed to have ideas of her own, Kitty is overwhelmed by the magnitude of her decision. Yet it is her hope to find the "happy ever after" ending to her life--and to follow Grady, whom she loves--that is the driving force behind her choice. Where will it lead her?

My Review - This book was pretty good. I especially liked it after Grady and Anna/Kitty met. Until that point it kind of dragged. The way slaves were treated were horrible. I don't think I ever realized how bad they were treated or how wrong it was. And then when slavery ended I couldn't image how lost and unprepared people were. I mean you've basically been treated one way your whole life and for that to suddenly change to where you didn't have to be ordered around anymore. Overall I liked this book a lot after I got to a certain point. I can't wait til Lynn Austin comes out with more books since I've read all the ones up to this point.

No comments: