Friday, November 12, 2010

Though Waters Roar by Lynn Austin

Harriet Sherwood has always adored her grandmother. But when Harriet decides to follow in her footsteps to fight for social justice, she certainly never expected her efforts to land her in jail. Nor did she expect her childhood enemy and notorious school bully, Tommy O'Reilly, to be the arresting officer.

Languishing in a jail cell, Harriet has plenty of time to sift through the memories of the three generations of women who have preceded her. As each story emerges, the strength of her family--and their deep faith in the God of justice and righteousness--brings Harriet to the discovery of her own goals and motives for pursuing them.

My Review - This was probably my least favorite book from Lynn Austin that I've read. I did read through it all but I was very hard for me to get through it. I didn't like how Harriet would just kind of be remembering but then it'd jump back to her. But I'm moving on to the next Lynn Austin book. I gave this book 2 stars.

No comments: