Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Shack by William P. Young

This was a weird book for me. I'm a preacher's kid and was raised southern baptist. I've always said I was southern baptist to my core. But I have my beliefs and I have different reasons why I believe what I believe. Some of the book was okay and then some parts I was just like this is crazy. I thought it was inspirational in the way that it tried to get you to think but other then that it wasn't my type of book. I was definately ready to finish it. And I did like the ending pretty good (which I can't say about many books). Overall this book was just okay for me so I rated it two stars.
Next book please... :)

2 comments:

In With the Light said...

I loved it. The author was believable, no matter if you believe in the story or not. And I thought it was a very unique way to represent our creator.

DRG said...

Paul was a PK too. (As was I) I heard him speak once in Dayton Ohio about his exprience growing up as a PK. It was facinating.

If you ever get the chance to listen to him talk about it, I think you'd be amazed.