Thursday, August 19, 2010

Faith of My Fathers by Lynn Austin

FROM BOOK COVER: Constant companions in their youth, Manasseh, son of Hezekiah, and Joshua, son of the palace administrator, have been primed for leadership of the kingdom of Judah. But anger toward God begins to smolder in Manasseh's heart upon his father's unexpected death. As Manasseh comes to power, his insecurity leads him down the path of sorcery. Fearing a conspiracy, he lashes out at the leaders of his father's regime. As the mayhem of Manasseh's reign begins to unfold, Joshua and his family suffer devastating loss. The battle lines are drawn as Joshua seeks revenge against his boyhood friend. And with the future of God's faithful remnant at stake, Joshua struggles with whether to run from Yahweh... or to Him. Chronicles of the Kings Book 4

My review - This has been my favorite of the series so far. I loved the story of Joshua. But Manasseh's actions and thoughts made me what to jump right in the book and hurt him. Miriam's love for Joshua and her need for someone to love her made my heart ache. Hoping the fifth and final book in the series is just as good as this one was.

No comments: