Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Strength of His Hands

Chronicles of the Kings Book 3- God has rewarded Hezekiah's faithfulness with great wealth and power, but the godly king has no heir. In desperation, his beloved wife takes forbidden measures to ensure fertility.With all that is going on in his kingdom- and with the Assyrians approaching- Hezekiah does not discover his wife's idolatry until it's almost too late. Her betrayal cuts to the very core of his being and belief in God. Will his faith sustain him in the face of this deceit, and against an overwhelming enemy?

My review - I don't know if I'm just getting burned out on Hezekiah and the series or what. But this book kind of dragged for me. Until I got to about the third part of the book I was dragging through it. I'd decided I was going to finish it no matter what but whenever Shebna was put in his place was when it got good to me again. On to the fourth book now...

No comments: