Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cheesy Chicken Lasagna

So I don't know if you've discovered Pinterest yet BUT I have! And one of the things that I love about it is I'm discovering new recipes. I also discover other ideas and things but food and recipes is the one thing I can justify because we HAVE to eat! So I'm going to share one of the recipes I discovered. I got the recipe from Pinterest from pinning it from someone else but the site it's pinned from is Real Mom Kitchen. It's Cheesy Chicken Lasagna. It's pretty easy although next time I'll change a few things...Here's the recipe, then the pictures and then the changes I'll make the next time...

Cheesy Chicken Lasagna

2 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk (not fat-free)
1 (1 oz) pkg. dry Ranch dressing mix
3 C. cubed, cooked, chicken
1/8 tsp pepper
1 (16oz) lasagna noodles, cooked (I recommend reducing it to 8 oz to 12 oz)
1 1/2 to  2 C cheddar cheese, grated
1 1/2 to  2 C mozzarella cheese, grated

Cook the chicken and noodles first at the same time. Once noodles are done–rinse in cold water and set aside (it keeps them from sticking together). Combine evaporated milk (don’t use fat-free version) and Ranch dressing in a 3 quart heavy saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently until dry ingredients are dissolved. Stir in chicken and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes (don’t do any less), stirring frequently. Layer half of lasagna noodles, poultry sauce, and cheese in well-buttered 9×13 pan. Repeat layers again. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.

(Above) The ingredients. My husband was nice enough to bring some already cooked chicken home from work with him! :) And then that's pretty much everything else.
(Below) The sauce mixture. It's the evaporated milk, ranch dressing mix, pepper and chicken. Simmering on the stove for the 25 minutes.

(Above) It baking in the oven! I meant to take a picture before putting it in there but forgot. So you get to see my pizza stone and inside my stove.
(Below) The finished product, again meant to take a picture before cutting into it but forgot. BUT since I did cut into it, you can see what it looks like! :)
So my review, we liked it but next time I'll double the sauce mixture so that there's more to it then what we had. I'll keep the noodles at 8oz of lasagna noodles cause that was just the right amount. And the cheese is always as much as we like!

I always am weary of trying a new recipe on my husband, but I do it anyhow, because he's a chef. He doesn't expect gourmet meals or anything I'm always just VERY self conscious about it. Know what I mean? Anyhow, I ask him when I try something new if this recipe is recipe box worthy and if he says yes then 1) I know it's good and he likes it and 2) I have a new recipe for my box! Well, my husband said this was recipe box worthy, so he thought it was good AND it's going in the box! Enjoy!

No comments: