Saturday, October 15, 2011

Listen by Rene Gutteridge

 Nothing ever happens in the small town of Marlo . . . until the residents begin seeing their private conversations posted online for everyone to read. Then it’s neighbor against neighbor, friend against friend, as paranoia and violence escalate. The police scramble to identify the person responsible for the posts and pull the plug on the Website before it destroys the town. But what responsibility do the people of the town have for the words they say when they think no one is listening? Life and death are in the power of the tongue.

My Review - WOW! This was an awesome book that had me from the very start. I've never thought about how much words mean and can hurt people. This was a wild and twisting story that had me wondering up until the very end. I loved the "Christian" aspect in the book and how it wasn't so overbearing that non-christian people would think Christians are crazy. Does that make sense? Anyhow, I loved how Jenna and Kay ended up figuring each other out. How Kay and Jill became friends. And how Hunter played apart in the story. Amazing, have I mentioned this is an awesome book! I'll definitely be reading more of Rene Gutteridge! And to think I only got this book because it was free on my Nook aka Herbie...So thank you Barnes and Noble for giving it away!

4 comments:

betty said...

Sounds like an interesting book; I'll have to look for it. It is a good reminder for us to remember what we say and what we write too!

betty

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good one.

trump said...

I apologize for not visiting my favorite blogs lately, and i promise to do some catching-up with everyone in the next few days. We are experiencing cooler weather starting today (Thursday) and as for myself I'm looking forward to falls return to the Lancaster Pennsylvania area. And are the color of the leaves changing your your way folks as they are mine. Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoy the beautiful fall season that has now begun. Richard from Amish Stories

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting plot!