Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Shunning by Beverly Lewis

This book was excellent. It's not my favorite of Beverly Lewis but I've at least read it twice now. I've predictable which is what I usually can't stand in a book. And throughout the whole book I was hoping Katie would never find out about the satin baby dress although I knew she would. Amish people are very interesting to me and this book shows some of their traditions. Can't wait to read the second in the series again.

Now on to my next book...The Shunning was my 17th book for 2009. Only 33 more to go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Curious to why you didn't want her to find it. I found your blog from Google, and was just surprised to read it. As an adopted person myself, I was screaming inside reading this and I could feel the pain Katie went through. Although a fictional story, it's all to real to the thousands of adoptees out there. We all deserve to know where we came from.