Saturday, January 09, 2010

Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright

This past year my husband and I were watching Glenn Beck, now I don't usually watch news type stuff but that night my husband was watching it so I naturally tuned in too. He was talking about the reason we celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas. The real reason, not Santa Claus reason. Then he started talking about this book called the Christmas Jars and how it had changed his life and he'd started a tradition with his children. My husband thought this was a great idea. You take a jar and put spare change in it through-out the year and then on Christmas Eve you take it and give it away. So this past Christmas Eve we took a jar that was about 1/4 full and left it on a strangers door step. This was after we drove around and asked God where to leave it. I don't know what this family was going through but God wanted them to have it. It was a true blessing to be able to do something like this and our family will carry on this tradition. This book tells about how this tradition started. I think it's a must read and will change your life if you let it. I gave it a 5 star because although I read it once, it would be one of those few books that I could read over and over again.

I have decided not to post all the books I read because some books just aren't worth posting if you know what I mean. So from now on I'll only be posting books that I rate at a 4 or 5 star as to that means I think they are really good. Saying that though I'm very picky about giving out 4 and 5 stars so you may not be seeing many books. haha. Anyhow, everyone read needs to read The Christmas Jars! :)

No comments: