Saturday, June 04, 2011
Six Word Saturday AND Saturday 9.......
Counting down days, to different things... :)
So, I'm counting down the days to many different things. I go back to the baby doctor in 16 days. We go to have an ultrasound to find out the gender of the baby in 24 days. And then next month we're going on vacation in 48 days. I AM so ready for all of these things and I've always been one to count down. Seriously, I counted down the days from the time I got engaged, November 4, 2006, all the way to my wedding day which was November 9, 2007. I drove my boss near crazy just from counting down. Anyhow, are you one who counts down to something minor or major? And if so, WHAT are you counting down to?
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: The Best & the Worst
1. What was the best thing that happened to you this week? I was able to watch my four and five year old graduate.
The worst? Getting ready for the graduation! haha.
2. What's the best thing someone's done for you (recently or not so recently)? The best thing that anyone has done for me is when God sent his son to die for me.
What's the worst thing someone's done to you (again, recently or not so recently)? When family hurts you by lying and acting just plain stupid. And also when people you love say hurtful things to you.
3. What's the best thing about your job? Loving children and watching the grow
Worst? When you work with a bunch of women it can get very catty. That or the sassyness of the children sometimes (but I don't put up with that very much).
4. What's the best new website you've found? NookDeals - I absolutely LOVE this site.
Worst? If you find a worst website why would you go back??? I don't have one.
5. What's the best book you've read? Really I have to pick just one??? I have to many best. But I love these authors: Amanda Hocking, Jodi Picoult, Lynn Austin, and Lisa McKay.
Worst? Roseflower Creek by Jackie Lee Miles (Just didn't care for it)
6. What's the best movie you've seen? UM Cinderella for sure! No really, I'm a kid at heart and I love Cinderella, Shrek, Nemo...all the kid movies. If I had to pick a best "un-kid" movie it'd probably be The Time Traveler's Wife. I loved the book and the movie!
Worst? The Saw Movies...They are HORRIBLE!
7. What's the best meal you've had? Hum...seeing as how my husband is a chef I've ate a lot of good meals because we know a lot of good restaurants. But I have to say last year when we went to Chicago last year for vacation (just to eat at different places) I had some of the best food ever. But by far Schwa was the best of it all. Not in the best part of Chicago and not super easy to get a reservation for but it's the best food ever. Another place in Chicago is Perennial which was super good too. AND the last place I'll tell about is Hot Chocolate. SO GOOD! (Sorry I know you didn't ask for a report on food but these are my favorites!)
Worst? Probably just chain places. I can't think of anywhere where we've gone and we just haven't liked it at all that's worth saying it's the worst. Hum...I'll have to ponder this one.
8. What's the best holiday? I definitely think Christmas is the best holiday. You get to celebrate the birth of Jesus AND spend time with family. It's pretty awesome!
Worst? Halloween...Just never been about it.
9. What's the best thing in your future? A baby for sure! All before Christmas I'm going on my first cruise and having a baby. Super excited!
Worst? I'd have to say labor. Although something super awesome will come from the pain of labor, I must admit I'm a wuss when it comes to pain!