Thursday, November 03, 2011

Taco Soup and dessert last night...

So last night I made Taco Soup in my bean pot and pumpkin-spice cake bread. haha. That made sense didn't it? Anyhow, the Taco Soup was pretty easy. Here's the recipe....

1 pound hamburger (cooked and drained) - we used ground chicken and it didn't need to be drained
1 28 oz can kidney beans
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 14 oz. can corn
1 pkg of taco seasoning (I used some homemade taco seasoning I'll post about in a minute...)

Dump all of the ingredients into bean pot.
Add 1 packet of taco seasoning and stir.
Microwave for 20 minutes.
Serve with sour cream, cheese and corn chips.
(*Do NOT drain liquids)

And here's a picture of the finished product. We ate it with cheese and sour cream. It was pretty good...One for the recipe box.

Then for dessert I made pumpkin-spice cake bread. haha. You can make these into muffins but a big cake isn't as good cause it dries out quicker then you eat the whole cake. I've made these in the past and we loved them so I thought I'd make them again.

You get one box of Spice Cake mix (You can use other mixes but from experience we didn't care for the chocolate cake mix - but yellow is pretty good)
And one can of pumpkin

Those are the only two ingredients that you need and you just mix them together and bake them at whatever temp the box says for as long as the box says. Super easy and super tasty! So here's a picture of them.


Pin It

No comments: