Thursday, May 05, 2011

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

I made these a last week and they are so good! Some people call them No Bake Cookies but I've always called them Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. Note: They look liquidy in the picture but they harden up after you let them sit. My mom says if it's raining though that it affects them but I haven't made them enough to know.


Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

1 stick butter, melted
2 c. sugar
4 to 6 tsp. cocoa (I usually use 6 cause I like chocolate!)
1/2 c. milk (exact measurement)
2 c. quick oatmeal
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla

Measure out oatmeal and set aside. Melt butter in a 2-quart pot. Add sugar and cocoa. Add milk and bring to a boil. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add oatmeal quickly. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Stir to death. (This is important!) Drop by teaspoonfuls on wax paper to cool. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

No comments: