Sunday, May 22, 2011

Salsa Chicken

A few weeks ago I found a recipe for Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken. And then I was looking at Allrecipes.com and I found a Salsa Chicken recipe that didn't use a slow cooker (and I honestly didn't feel like dragging the slow cooker out anyhow). So I decided to try the recipe I found from the website instead of the slow cooker one. SN: I did try the slow cooker one a few weeks later and it wasn't near as good as this one. I'll post it later!

SO, here's the recipe for Salsa Chicken...

Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
1 cup salsa
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts and pour salsa over all.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream if desired, and serve.

Here's the chicken before going into the oven and then after coming out of the oven. I only used 3 chicken breast AND I didn't measure out anything. I also used sour cream because I absolutely LOVE sour cream.


This is definitely a recipe that will be going into the recipe box. It's super easy and doesn't take long at all. Plus it was tasty! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kathe W. said...

well this looks super duper easy and yummy! Thanks for posting and thanks for visiting my blog! Happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I do crockpot chicken with salsa (4 breasts, 1 jar salsa) but shred the chicken at the end and add corn or black beans and serve over rice or in tacos with cheese.
Thanks for stopping my blog - can't wait to explore yours more!