Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blue is for Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolarz

"I Know Your Secret . . ."

Stacey's junior year at boarding school isn't easy. She's not the most popular girl at school, or the smartest, or the prettiest. She's got a crush on her best friend's boyfriend, and an even darker secret that threatens to ruin her friendships for good. And now she's having nightmares again. Not just any nightmares – these dreams are too real to ignore, like she did three years ago. The last time she ignored them, a little girl died. This time they're about Drea, her best friend who's become the target of one seriously psycho stalker. It started with weird e-mails and freaky phone calls. Now someone's leaving Drea white lilies – the same death lilies that have been showing up in Stacey's dreams. Everybody thinks it's just a twisted game . . . until another girl at school is brutally murdered. There are no witnesses. Worst of all, no one has a perfect alibi. With everyone as a potential suspect, Stacey turns to the one secret weapon she can trust – the folk magic taught to her by her grandmother. Will Stacey's magic be strong enough to expose the true killer, or will the killer make her darkest nightmares come true?

In this Deluxe Spellbook Edition you'll find:

Spells created by You and other keepers of secrets-poems, spells and meditations contributed by fans of this popular series. Extras also include an interview with the author.

My Review - This book took me a while to get into...Like 100 pages or something. I remember I'd gotten to the point where I was going to skip to the last 25 pages (something I rarely if ever do) and then I thought no just keep reading. At that point is where it actually took off. But even when it took off it wasn't that great for me. I'm sure I'll read the rest of the series at some point but I won't be jumping straight into the next book right now. One major pro of the book was that it kept you guessing through-out the whole book. For a minute I was wondering if it was one person and then my thoughts would jump to another person. Overall just an okay book for me.


No comments: