Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bout of Books: A week long readathon!


So when I was looking through the blogs that I follow and try to go through daily to see what's going on in the blogging world I came across this blog over at Sarah Says Read...It got me thinking and I decided to join in on this Week-long (yes you read that right) Readathon. It's not like you have to read non-stop, it's a readathon where you read when you have time to read. There's no pressure...I've seen other readathon's where you basically donated so many hours of your time to just reading. But I've never participated in those because frankly they kind of scare me. But I decided to do this one since it was a week long and there's no pressure.

This Week-long Readathon is being hosted by Amanda over at On A Book Bender. And I'm sure she'd love for you to join...So make sure you stop by and check my progress...

Whereas Amanda has a goal of how many books she wants to read since I'll be working my normal hours (praise the Lord) and I have a wonderful husband that I'll want to spend some time with between August 22 and 28th. I'm going to narrow my goals down to pages. So here's a list of my goals...

Readathon Goals
Read 100 pages per day.
Hopefully finish the book I'm reading and maybe another one.

Books I'll be working on reading...
Bruiser by Neal Shusterman
A Promise of Hope by Amy Clipston
Push by Sapphire
A Place of Peace by Amy Clipston (if the library gets it in time and if I get to it)

Updates: I took this format from Amanda and tweaked it to my own goals...

8/22
Number of pages I’ve read today:
Total number of pages I’ve read:
Today #insixwords:

8/23
Number of pages I’ve read today:
Total number of pages I’ve read:
Today #insixwords:

8/24
Number of pages I’ve read today:
Total number of pages I’ve read:
Today #insixwords:

8/25
Number of pages I’ve read today:
Total number of pages I’ve read:
Today #insixwords:

8/26
Number of pages I’ve read today:
Total number of pages I’ve read:
Today #insixwords:

8/27
Number of pages I’ve read today:
Total number of pages I’ve read:
Today #insixwords:

8/28 — will go into a “wrap-up” post on 8/29 or 8/30

So there's my plans for this week. Keep checking back to see how my reading progress is going! :) And why not just read along with me???


No comments: