Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Push by Sapphire

An electrifying first novel that shocks by its language, its circumstances, and its brutal honesty, Push recounts a young black street-girl's horrendous and redemptive journey through a Harlem inferno. For Precious Jones, 16 and pregnant with her father's child, miraculous hope appears and the world begins to open up for her when a courageous, determined teacher bullies, cajoles, and inspires her to learn to read, to define her own feelings and set them down in a diary.

My Review - I am officially quitting this book. The language in this book is just uncalled for and I don't feel the need to read that kind of language in the book. I know that others will bash me because I feel this way but I just don't want to read this raunchy language. And I've heard the movie is the same way so I doubt I'll watch the movie either.

No comments: